[Evergreen-catalogers] Changing a shelf locations

Linh Uong luong at negeorgialibraries.org
Thu May 23 22:42:50 EDT 2013

Follow-up to Andrea's email.

If you're batch changing
shelf/copy locations, you need to do it one branch at a time. If you, say,
try to batch change 5 items from branch A, 20 from Branch B and 14 from
branch C, all at once - it won't let you, as far as I know.

Good luck!

--
Linh Uong
Collection Management/PINES Operations Librarian

  Northeast Georgia Regional Library
P.O. Box
2020
Clarkesville, Georgia 30523
luong at negeorgialibraries.org

> Hi John,
>
> Scan all item barcodes that you
want to change into a notepad (*.txt)
> file & save the file.

>From Item Status Screen, select "upload from

file" & import your file of barcodes.  Once it's finished, select
all
> the items (ctrl + A) and then right-click to get "Edit
item
> attributes".  Change location under the
"Location/Collection" dropdown,
> click
"Apply" and click "Modify Copies".

> Not sure what the max item count is on this -- I've personally
never
> tried more than about 50 items at a go.
>
> The screen will refresh after the changes are made and will show
the new
> location.
>
> I would recommend doing
this separately for each separate branch/owning
> library.
>
> A.
>

> Andrea Buntz Neiman,
MLS
> Librarian II, Public Services
> Kent County Public
Library
> 408 High Street
> Chestertown, MD 21620
> 410-778-3636 x2115
> www.kentcountylibrary.org
>

> On 5/23/2013 4:07 PM, John Mundy wrote:
>> My
apologies for any duplication.
>> If you have a large
collection of items is there any easy way in
>> Evergreen to
import that list of items and change all of their shelf

locations to the same thing?
>> One of our branches has a large
collection of Oversize books that are
>> not cataloged as
having their own shelf location. I can create a new
>> shelf
location for them easily, but I don't know offhand any quick way
>> to change items shelf locations.
>> Thank you,
>> John
>> Director