[Evergreen-catalogers] Creating Authority records -requesting help

J. Sara Paulk jsarapaulk-wgrl at gmx.com
Thu Jan 9 11:37:47 EST 2014

Hello all

What I am trying to do is add a heading like :   Lancaster (Pa.)   (which is
in the database)  and then add the subdivision $v Fiction  (where the whole
string is NOT in the database.)   So going from Lancaster (Pa.)   to
Lancaster (Pa.) $v Fiction.

If you bear with me, these are the steps I take and I might just be missing
something.

I right click on the list of authorizes, make sure what I need isn't already
in the list,  go to the top of the authorities llist and from there I have
tried both - Create new as well as Create and Edit.

I get a small MARC popup screen.  I can save from here and then back in the
MARC record, I can right click again, "see" the authority record I created,
apply it.  But still the durn thing stays red when I validate?

I'm sure it is something simple, but I'm at a loss.

Thanks!

J. Sara Paulk, Regional Director - Wythe-Grayson Regional Library

P.O. Box 159, 147 S. Independence Ave.                Independence, VA
24348

(276) 773-3018  /  FAX (276) 733-3289

Jsarapaulk-wgrl at gmx.com <mailto:Jsarapaulk-wgrl at gmx.com>

http://wythegrayson.lib.va.us <http://wythegrayson.lib.va.us/>