[Evergreen-catalogers] Creating/Editing/Deleting Bibliographic Templates

Sarah Childs sarahc at zionsvillelibrary.org
Mon Apr 25 14:01:22 EDT 2016

Likely it would be useful for individual cataloging users to have the
ability to create their own personal bibliographic templates.  In libraries
with multiple catalogers is common to breakdown work by format so
particular templates might needed only by a single user. If these were
sharable so that these templates could be shared for future use, that would
be very helpful.

My guess is it would also be useful to be able to create templates for
authority records for sites that create local authority files.

On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 1:47 PM, Galen Charlton <gmc at esilibrary.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 12:18 PM, Jane Sandberg <sandbej at linnbenton.edu>
> wrote:
> > I also think it'd be nice to be able to attach these templates to certain
> > libraries (e.g. each library could have their own template or share 'em
> > across a system or consortium).
>
> Related to this, I've got a couple questions:
>
> - Would it be useful for it to be possible for (some? all?) individual
> cataloging users to create bibliographic record templates that are
> only associated with their account?  Or do folks prefer that such
> templates always be associated with a library or other level in the
> org unit hierarchy?
> - Would the ability to create templates for authority records be useful?
>
> Regards,
>
> Galen
> --
> Galen Charlton
> Infrastructure and Added Services Manager
> Equinox Software, Inc. / Open Your Library
> email:  gmc at esilibrary.com
> direct: +1 770-709-5581
> cell:   +1 404-984-4366
> skype:  gmcharlt