[Evergreen-catalogers] How do you validate subject headings with subdivisions?

Jane Sandberg sandbej at linnbenton.edu
Mon Apr 25 20:09:55 EDT 2016

If I want to authorize the heading:

650_0 $aAmerican newspapers $vDatabases.

I can right click and find the authority record for American
newspapers just fine.  However, there isn't an authority record for
American newspapers -- Databases.  If I just add the $0 related to the
American newspapers authority record and click "Validate", it turns
red. :-(

How do folks approach this in your workflow?  Do you add a new
authority record for "American newspapers -- Databases"?  Just live
with the $a being authorized?

Thanks in advance for your help!

   -Jane

--