[Evergreen-catalogers] How do you validate subject headings with subdivisions?

Brueck, Vicki Vicki.brueck at ncdcr.gov
Tue Apr 26 07:10:06 EDT 2016

Jane Sandberg,

The Library of Congress has not created an authority record for "American newspapers $vDatabases."  So your only options are to live with only having "American newspapers" authorized or create a local authority record for "American newspapers $vDatabases."  We live with only the subfield a being authorized.  If the Library of Congress had created an authority record for the whole string we would import that authority record.

Thanks,
Vicki

Vicki Brueck
Cataloger, Content Management and Access Branch
Government & Heritage Library
State Library of North Carolina
Department of Natural and Cultural Resources

919-807-7451 office
919-733-1843 fax
vicki.brueck at ncdcr.gov

109 East Jones St.
4640 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, N.C. 27699-4600

Email correspondence to and from this address is subject to the
North Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties.