[Evergreen-catalogers] Best record choice during ordering process

LARL Technical Services larltech at larl.org
Wed Jul 20 17:17:03 EDT 2016

Hello everyone,

I am wondering if anyone could tell me how to ensure the best record is
kept/chosen during the overlay process when ordering.
Today I had a brief record in my order which overlaid a much better
permanent record already in the catalog when I activated my order.  This
surprised me as I thought the system was set up to choose the better of
the two records and keep it.  In looking at the settings I have selected
in the upload to queue screen, I see "Best/single match minimum quality
ratio __ New record quality/quality of best match" which I have not been
using.  Is this where I would instruct the system to keep the permanent
higher quality record instead of the temporary one in my order?  I am
also not sure what the "insufficient quality fall through profile" does
but was told not to use this when we received our training in Evergreen.

Of course, if I am aware of a permanent record in the catalog which I
would like to keep, I usually order from/on that record. But as we are a
consortium using different ordering processes, occasionally I am not
aware that a record already exists in the catalog as was the case today.

Thank you for any advice you can give on this matter,
Linda VanderMeulen

--
Linda VanderMeulen
Lake Agassiz Regional Library