[Evergreen-catalogers] Call for updated MARC templates

Donald Butterworth don.butterworth at asburyseminary.edu
Thu Apr 27 09:34:44 EDT 2017

Galen and All,

It really is too bad that the MARC templates have to be hard coded. It
would be SO much better if us catalogers could just create whatever we want
and save it. For example, we have developed a monster RDA Archive MARC
Record template which we are glad to share. (It is only our archival
records that are not first created in WorldCat) It contains every
imaginable field and subfield that relates to archival collections. But it
is also filled with text, to act as prompts for the people who create the
records; text that must be deleted or overwritten before the record becomes
public.

It certainly wouldn't be appropriate to use as an out-of-the-box template.
But having that text there, and changeable, is a very handy thing.

So what's your pleasure? You want a copy of the monster?

Don

--
Don Butterworth
Collection Management Librarian /