[Evergreen-catalogers] Bucket problem

Elaine Hardy ehardy at georgialibraries.org
Mon Oct 9 08:54:24 EDT 2017

Rather than deleting the 500 and then re-adding as a 590, why don't you
just edit the 500 tag to the 590 tag, if the text of the note is correct?
If so, search the note and, starting with the first record in the list,
edit the 500 tag to 590, save and move to the next.

There is functionality to batch edit MARC fields in Evergreen; but I use
the MarcEdit program for something like this. http://marcedit.reeset.net/
You would have to export the records, edit them in the MarcEdit program and
them re-import them so that they overlay the existing records.

I can give you a little more info about MARCedit, if you want to go that
route.

Someone else would need to talk you through the MARC batch edit in
Evergreen -- I have just a basic understanding of it.

Elaine

J. Elaine Hardy
PINES & Collaborative Projects Manager
Georgia Public Library Service/PINES