[Evergreen-catalogers] Transferring Items from Item Status Screen

Willis, Beth willis at noblenet.org
Fri Nov 22 11:48:42 EST 2019

Hello everyone,

When transferring holdings, I always use the Actions menu from the Holdings
View tab.  One or our libraries reported that they had tried to transfer
holdings from the Item Status screen but that this did not work.

I tested this and found that if the library already has a call number
attached to the destination MARC record, the item can be transferred from
the Item Status screen by selecting “Transfer Items to Previously Marked
Call Number” from the Actions menu.

However, the option on the Item Status Actions menu to Transfer Items to
Previously Marked Library does not work, whether the library has a call
number attached to the destination record or not.  Does anyone recall if it
worked in the staff client?

Here’s what I did:

   -

   Retrieve the MARC record to transfer holdings to
   -

   From “Holdings View” select the destination library
   -

   Select ”Mark Library/Call Number as Transfer Destination” from the
   Actions menu
   -

   Select “Item Status” from the Circulation menu
   -

   Enter the barcode(s) of the item(s) that you wish to transfer
   -

   Select “Transfer Items to Previously Marked Library” from the Actions
   menu

Result: the item(s) does not transfer

Note: There is a related bug (1789485
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1789485>) for changing the
language used on the Item Status screen to match that used in Holdings View.

Are the actions on both menus intended to work the same way?

I'll plan to submit a bug report, but am interested in your feedback first.

Thanks!

Beth

--
Beth Willis