[Evergreen-catalogers] Loading items with stat cat fields in 949 tag

Janet Schrader jschrader at cwmars.org
Wed Sep 25 18:24:46 EDT 2019

Thank you Galen and Mary.

I have to say I did figure it out after much trial and error (patting self
on back here), I finally hit upon what you both said and had entered the
name of the stat cat and the value as words, not their database IDs in my
test file on our training server. I was going to ask Jason to batch update
the ARIS stat cats after the records loaded but if I could get them in it
would be great and save that step. Fortunately the ARIS format in this case
is very simple: E-books.

We have a library that realized this year that all their online gov docs
did not have records in the system, or had records with no items so
invisible in the OPAC. MARCive has determined that there are 39,109 records
to reload and add items. When we migrated to Evergreen someone at the
library must have told MARCive that the 949 fields were no longer necessary
as the 856 fields would be in the bib record. (In our previous ILS the 856
fields were in item records.) No records added from May 2012 on had items
so many, many have been automatically deleted as empty records.

Thanks again, always good to know I can count on this listserv for help.

Janet

Janet Schrader

Bibliographic Services Supervisor | CW MARS

67 Millbrook Street, Suite 201, Worcester, MA 01606

P: 508-755-3323 x 325 | F: 508-757-7801

jschrader at cwmars.org  ||  http;//cwmars.org <http://www.cwmars.org/>