[Evergreen-catalogers] Format "Buttons" for Serials and Magazines

Jennifer Weston jennifer.weston at equinoxinitiative.org
Wed Oct 7 12:55:47 EDT 2020

Hi Claire,

I took a quick look at both bib records -- and they look fine.  Your 856 is
crafted correctly on both records.
I suspect the discrepancy in when the Serials button appears is due to the
customization of your OPAC that is applying custom css to generate those
buttons.  Oddly enough, different searches (for your full consortium versus
just your library system) may yield different results.   That's a hint that
it isn't your cataloging :)

Example - notice the button doesn't appear for Hello! Canada when I
searched for just Pelham:
[image: image.png]

Thanks for reaching out to the mailing list!  Please let us know what you
discover - because, as Chrisy said, it's always good to share what we learn
when troubleshooting.

Best,
Jennifer

Jennifer Weston, MLIS
Implementation Project Manager
Equinox Open Library Initiative
phone:  1-877-OPEN-ILS (673-6457) ext. 5574
email:  jennifer.weston at equinoxinitiative.org
web:    *https://EquinoxInitiative.org <https://equinoxinitiative.org/>*