[Evergreen-catalogers] Cataloguing Blocks

Rosalie Kasm RKasm at wainfleetlibrary.ca
Mon Apr 12 10:57:04 EDT 2021

We have two circulating collections that change every three months or so, one for DVDs and one for Large Print books. We’ve only just joined Evergreen and LiNC. Prior to this we were using Mandarin. We created records with the barest information, title, author, disc/page numbers and attached holdings to those.
The block changes every three months so we would gather the barcode cards from one set and use them in another item changing the minimal record to reflect the new item.

In Mandarin we only had to worry about ourselves using the records. I’m trying to figure out the best practise for these items as they are temporary items.

Hope this clears things up a little bit.

Rosalie