[Evergreen-catalogers] Hiding fields in the Holdings Editor

Bill Erickson berickxx at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 12:54:04 EDT 2021

Hi,

It is possible in 3.8 to apply default settings to the holdings editor at
any org unit level, while also allowing workstation-level overrides.

The trick is to create an org unit setting type named
"eg.cat.volcopy.defaults", which matches the workstation setting type of
the same name.  Then apply a value to the org setting at the desired org
unit.  (Note the simplest way to do this is to save settings at a
workstation, then copy the value -- a blob of JSON -- from the workstation
setting in the database to the org unit setting.  I hope to some day write
a UI to make this easier).  Once set, the org unit setting value will be
the default for anyone who has not already applied a workstation setting
value.

I'm pretty sure the same applies to 3.6 and 3.7 using the
"cat.copy.defaults" workstation / org unit setting type.

-b