[Evergreen-catalogers] Record bucket ownership

Elaine Hardy ehardy at georgialibraries.org
Thu Jan 6 07:37:24 EST 2022

First off, congratulations on your retirement!

As far as I know, there is no way to change ownership of buckets, at least
on the front end. There might be a database way to do so. I don't know if
it has made it to launchpad; but, that has been a wishlist item for some
time. You used to be able to put records/items in pending and then transfer
to a different bucket; but, since pending empties a bucket now, I don't
think a nonowner can do that anymore.

Preventing duplicates is why we get all our permanent bib records  from one
source and all acq items have to be transferred to a permanent, OCLC,
record at cataloging. And why we import those records one at a time via the
Z39.50 gateway. We are fortunate that GPLS provides all Georgia public
library systems, including those not in PINES, with an annual subscription
to OCLC. While not eliminating new duplicates, since OCLC has far, far more
duplicates not than it did, it does help. Most of our duplicates are
leftovers from migrations, which we do work on when we can.

J. Elaine Hardy, PINES and Collaborative Projects Manager

Georgia Public Library Service

2872 Woodcock Blvd., Suite 250 | Atlanta, GA 30341

(404) 235-7128 | ehardy at georgialibraries.org

(404) 548-4241 | Cell

<https://www.facebook.com/georgialibraries>
<https://www.twitter.com/georgialibs>
<https://www.instagram.com/georgialibraries/>

of Georgia libraries making an impact in our communities.