[Evergreen-dev] [OPEN-ILS-DEV] Python binding for OpenSRF and Evergreen

Bill Erickson berickxx at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 11:18:41 EDT 2020

Hi All,

Based on hackaway discussion this morning, I'm proposing we move the
OpenSRF and Evergreen Python libraries to a separate community repository.
The goal is to remove the roadblocks it's currently creating in adding
support for Ubuntu 20.04 (LP 1875544) while keeping the code available to
all who need it.  Another reason for the proposed extraction is that no one
is actively maintaining the Python libraries.

I volunteer to extract the Python code, install bits, and docs and to
migrate the code to the new repository with summary documentation.

Any concerns or objections?

I'll need assistance with creating / naming the new repo.

Thanks,

-b