[Evergreen-dev] Git Repositories to Drop?

Jason Stephenson jason at sigio.com
Fri May 5 08:17:01 EDT 2023

On 5/4/23 15:45, Jeff Davis via Evergreen-dev wrote:
> contrib/overdrive-eg-opac.git is obsolete (it was superseded by native Overdrive integration) and can be removed.

OK. I'll put this on the list to definitely delete.

I also heard from Kathy Lussier in IRC yesterday, and she said that she
thinks the Masslnc repositories can be deleted.	 I agree with that
assessment as well.

> Is there some way we can archive the old repositories instead of simply deleting them, so that they still exist somewhere but don't add clutter? As Jane says, it would be good to retain a record of some of these projects.

With our current set up, the best we can do is set repositories to a
read-only configuration.  They will still take up space on the server
and will have to be moved if we decide to keep them later.

We could move some of them to GitHub and set them as archived there.
This gets them off of our storage, and we would not have to deal with
them later.  I hesitate to do this because our future git hosting is
still undecided.

Cheers,
Jason Stephenson