[Evergreen-dev] Disabling Symspell

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 10:53:38 EDT 2023

Hi Bill,

It's not intended to be turned off right now, just like you can't turn
off metabib.full_rec or display field parts of ingest. I don't recall
the version OTTOMH but there are search-class or indexing definition
level configuration options that might be used to prevent ingest of
symspell changes, I think.

As for the updates table, if that's big for you then there are likely
some triggers already disabled that are stopping the normal process
from completing.  So, yes, you can truncate that table -- it is a
staging area for to-be-incorporated changes to the dictionary -- but
it will probably grow again unless the deviation from full/normal
setup is corrected.

HTH!

--
Mike Rylander