[Evergreen-general] Checking out bookbags

Benjamin Kalish bkalish at forbeslibrary.org
Tue Feb 16 16:52:49 EST 2021

Does Evergreen have a way to quickly checkout batches of items by assigning
a single barcode to a set of items? To be clear, in the scenario I'm
imagining, each individual item is cataloged and has its own barcode—we
want to be able to bundle them and assign a barcode to the bundle so that
they are each individually checked out when the barcode assigned to the
bundle is scanned; each individual item must checked out to the patron and
be able to be returned and renewed individually.

I've encountered item buckets before, and they seem very promising, but as
far as I can tell they can't quite do what we want.

All of this is in aid of our aspirations to have bookbags which patrons can
quickly checkout at a self checkout machine. I'd also be interested in any
ideas folks have about how to achieve this material already in our
collection.

Thanks!

Benjamin Kalish
Forbes Library / 413-587-1012 / bkalish at forbeslibrary.org

Support Forbes Library:

   - Consider giving a gift
   <https://forbeslibrary.org/giving/donate-online/> to Forbes Library
   - Vote for the Friends of Forbes in the Florence Bank Community Grant
   Program <https://www.florencebank.com/vote>.
   - Join the Friends of Forbes today <https://forbeslibrary.org/friends/>!

Currently reading:* Defender *by C. J. Cherryh
Just Finished:* Precursor* by C. J. Cherryh

For information about accessibility at the library, please see:
http://forbeslibrary.org/accessibility/