[Evergreen-general] [OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Printing Offline Check-out Receipts

Lolis, John jlolis at whiteplainsny.gov
Thu Jan 7 16:40:39 EST 2021

Here's a "shotgun approach" suggestion... use two different browsers, one
for online transactions and one for offline transactions.  Simply don't
have the Hatch extension installed in the one for offline transactions.
Have one shortcut on the desktop for the browser handling offline
transactions and one for the browser handling online transactions, each one
pointing to the respective browser that handles it.  Done.

Incidentally, while our consortium requires the use of Chrome for access to
Evergreen, I have staff using Vivaldi for staff access.  It's also
compatible with Chrome extensions.  You may want to consider it.

Btw, I do the same type thing when it comes to our test web server... I
modify my hosts file so that whiteplainslibrary.org points to our test
server's address.  Then in one browser, I have it set to using no proxy
which in effect causes it to point to the test web server because of that
hosts modification.  Meanwhile, in my usual browser, I'm using a proxy
which knows the address of the live web server, and so I can access both
the test web server and the live one at the same time switching between
those browsers.

John Lolis
Coordinator of Computer Systems

100 Martine Avenue
White Plains, NY  10601

tel: 1.914.422.1497
fax: 1.914.422.1452

https://whiteplainslibrary.org/

*When you think about it, *all* security is ultimately security by
ignorance.*