[Evergreen-general] How to refund a deposit

Cerninakova Eva cernin at jabok.cz
Wed Jan 27 10:03:45 EST 2021

Hi Terran,

thank you very much. PINES documentation is a very useful source of
information because, in addition to the manuals for working with Evergreen,
it also contains several scenarios how the issue could be dealt with. When
thinking about various workflow options, it is very inspiring and helpful ☺.

However, I would like to ask you about some  details:

In the documentation  (in the section  describing how to manage deposit
with Evergreen
<https://pines.georgialibraries.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=circ:bills:deposits#managing_deposits_with_evergreen>),
the following instructions are given:
"On the Bills > History screen, click Add Billing. Choose Billing Type of
“Refund: Deposit Item Returned” with an amount of zero (0)'"
However, I don't  see a Billing type "Refund: Deposit Item Returned" in our
system. I suppose it is because it's not a billing type available in
Evergreen by default  (i.e. this billing type has been set manually on your
system). Am I right?
And am I right to think  that this procedure only serves to indicate that
the deposit has been refunded to the patron, but  the refunded amount will
not be reflected in the staff client Cash reports or in cash payments
report outputs?

Thank you in advance for additional explanation.

Eva

Mgr. Eva Cerniňáková

vedoucí Knihovny Jabok

Jabok - Vyšší odborná škola sociálně pedagogická a teologická

+420 211 222 409 <+420+211+222+413>

cernin at jabok.cz <propagace at jabok.cz>

knihovna.jabok.cz <https://www.jabok.cz>

Salmovská 8, Praha 2, 120 00

[image: facebook] <https://www.instagram.com/vosjabok/?hl=cs>   [image:
instagram] <https://www.facebook.com/vosjabok/>

út 26. 1. 2021 v 18:29 odesílatel Terran McCanna <