[Evergreen-general] HIGH_LEVEL_HOLD_HAS_NO_COPIES issues

Dan Briem dbriem at wlsmail.org
Tue Jun 1 15:01:44 EDT 2021

I proposed a fix on this bug:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1929587 to disable the place hold
button in the staff catalog if there are no holdable copies.

Looking again at how the traditional staff catalog handled it, it looks
like I didn't notice a check for the user permission:
PLACE_UNFILLABLE_HOLD: "Allows a user to place a hold that cannot currently
be filled."

If the new fix includes the check for that permission, it seems like that
would solve this problem. The place hold button will be disabled except for
users with that permission.

Dan Briem
Harrison Public Library
2 Bruce Ave. Harrison, NY 10528