[Evergreen-general] Phone notification solutions

Josh Stompro stomproj at gsuite.larl.org
Wed May 25 15:43:08 EDT 2022

We have been running Asterisk + VOIP sip trunks through  flowroute for our
hold pickup and overdue calls since 2016 or so.

It mostly works, but we have a few problem rural telecoms in our area that
often give us trouble. I've tried various different sip providers (Twillio,
Telnyx) and they all have the same issue.  When calling those providers,
sometimes the first call to a number always fails to ring the remote end,
but we are still charged for the call and it is still reported as completed
to Asterisk/Evergreen.  When I talk to the rural telecom, they say that the
initial call never even hits their switch, so it isn't their problem.
Flowroute won't name their upstream to me, so I cannot figure out which
middleman the problem is with.  And they want to treat each instance as
unique, even though it is part of a larger issue.  So mainly we try to get
customers to choose anything other than that method if possible.

Josh

On Tue, May 17, 2022 at 12:59 PM Frasur, Ruth via Evergreen-general <