[Evergreen-general] Cover Image uploader

Jason Stephenson jason at sigio.com
Fri Nov 18 10:15:11 EST 2022

On 11/18/22 10:00, Jason Etheridge via Evergreen-general wrote:
> Hi Samantha,
>
> Web browsers can be particularly aggressive with caching images.  If
> you upload an image on one machine, does it show up instantly on a
> different machine that hasn't pulled up that record recently?  If so,
> then it's likely that patrons in general are seeing the new image.

There are also some rather aggressive default settings in the
recommended Apache configurations that ship with Evergreen to suggest
that the browser cache certain things for up to 1 year.  I recommend
deleting these settings from eg.conf:

ExpiresDefault "access plus 1 year"
ExpiresByType text/html "access plus 18 hours"
ExpiresByType application/xhtml+xml "access plus 18 hours"
ExpiresByType application/x-javascript "access plus 1 year"
ExpiresByType application/javascript "access plus 1 year"
ExpiresByType text/css "access plus 1 year"