[Evergreen-general] Broad strokes

Cerninakova Eva cernin at jabok.cz
Thu Oct 6 08:26:55 EDT 2022

Thanks, Kate, for a great question. 😀
And thanks to all of you for very useful recommendations.

These are my tips:
- Keyboard shortcuts are an excellent tool for switching between tasks.
- Retrieving the last patron, recent patrons and last bib record can help a
lot, particularly at the circulation desk.
- Item templates save time and reduce mistakes.
- Using a TCN (or ID) could be the quickest way to find the right bib
record, even if you have to deal with different book editions. (However,
this might depend on library practice. For example, in our library, we
often use a TCN to find the right bib record. It is easy to use TCN because
we print it on the item labels).
- Barcode completion is very helpful as it makes it possible to omit typing
prefix (or suffix) digits when adding barcode manually.
- The MARC Flat Text editor can be used to copy or delete multiple MARC
fields simultaneously.

Eva

čt 6. 10. 2022 v 0:21 odesílatel Jennifer Pringle via Evergreen-general <