[Evergreen-general] Untargeted expiration

Josh Stompro stomproj at gsuite.larl.org
Wed Sep 21 11:41:30 EDT 2022

I have a memory of that message being caused by the hold feature that loops
through item circ locations in sequence for targeting.. If it tries all
possible locations a certain number of times, and an item isn't captured it
cancels the hold with that message.  Feature may be called target loops?

We had that enabled by mistake when we first migrated, so I remember having
to track it down.

Do you have the library settings "Maximum library target attempts" set?

> When this value is set and greater than 0, the system will only attempt to
> find a copy at each possible branch the configured number of times

Setting code is 'circ.holds.max_org_unit_target_loops'

I found this in the 2.12 new features documentation.

When configured, hold target loops cycle through all org units (with
> targetable copies) instead of repeatedly targeting copies at the pickup
> library when multiple targetable copies exist at the pickup library.
> • When configured, hold target loops prioritize (targetable) org units
> first by the number of previous target attempts, then by their
> weight/proximity. This effectively back-fills org units that had no
> targetable copies during earlier target loops so that they are targeted as
> many times as other org units (to the extent possible, anyway).

On Fri, Sep 16, 2022 at 1:23 PM Erica Rohlfs via Evergreen-general <