[Evergreen-general] Volume and Copy level holds are missing from View Holds tab

Tina Ji tina.ji at bc.libraries.coop
Wed Feb 22 14:26:17 EST 2023

Hi all,

We are seeing something strange on View Holds tab. It seems happening to a bib with many holds (over 300). We found only one such bib in our consortium, i.e. the very hot title: Spare. We wonder whether anyone else sees it, too, and whether there is a bug.

One of our libraries noticed that some holds were not displayed on View Holds tab under the bib, but displayed on Holds tab in the patron's accounts.

By comparing the various types of holds we found by a SQL query and those displayed on View Holds tab, we found some Volumne and Copy level holds are missing from View Holds tab.

We compared the holds displayed and not displayed. We did not find anything special in the non-displayed holds. One thing that seems common is that the newer (placed more recently) V and C level holds are displayed. The missed ones seem the older ones.

In our particular case, out of 14 V level holds, only 4 are displayed; out of 27 C level holds, 7 are displayed. Re-scoping the pickup library does not make any difference.  Toggling between Pre-Fetch All Holds checkbox does not make the missing holds show up.

Another issue we noticed is that with Pre-fetch all holds checkbox selected, flipping to next page seems endless. See the attached image.

This is the SQL statement to find out the number of holds by hold type:

select count (*), hold_type from action.hold_request h where cancel_time is null and fulfillment_time is null and (expire_time>now()::date or expire_time is null) and ( target=(bib id) or target in (select distinct id  from asset.call_number cn where record =(bib id) ) or target in (select distinct c.id from asset.copy c, asset.call_number cn where cn.id=c.call_number and c.deleted is false and record=(bib id))) group by 2;

Tina
BC Libraries Coop