[Evergreen-general] How do you handle placing temporary ILL items on hold?

Diane Disbro ddisbro at scenicregional.org
Wed Jan 4 14:15:38 EST 2023

We have a dozen barcode numbers that are used and reused for ILLS. The ILL
clerk adds title and author and format to the ILL record, attaches the
barcode to the ILL strap, and places a hold for the patron. She checks in
the barcode which triggers a transit to the patron's pickup branch. When it
is checked in at the pickup branch, the patron receives an automated
notification. The owning branch is HQ so when the ILL is returned and
checked in, it is routed back to headquarters where the barcode is cleared
for its next use and the ILL is returned to the lending library.

Diane Disbro
Pronouns: she/her
Circulation Coordinator
Scenic Regional Library
251 Union Plaza Drive
Union, MO 63084
(636) 583-0652 ext  110
ddisbro at scenicregional.org

On Tue, Jan 3, 2023 at 9:39 AM Murphy, Benjamin via Evergreen-general <