[Evergreen-general] Conference: Remote Attendee Option and extended in-person registration

Jeanette Lundgren jlundgren at cwmars.org
Fri Mar 24 09:15:17 EDT 2023

Hello everyone and happy Friday,

We wanted to make sure everyone was aware that there is an option to *register
as a remote attendee* at the 2023 Evergreen conference and catch key
sessions live over Zoom, including the two keynotes that you don't want to
miss!

   - Thursday Keynote: Data Security and Patron Privacy in today’s Library -
   David Leonard, the President of the Boston Public Library talks about data
   security and lessons learned after the summer 2021 ransomware attack on
   the Boston Public Library
   <https://www.bpl.org/news/statement-technical-outage/>
   - Friday Keynote: Burnout in Open Source Communities - Kathy Lussier
   talks about the impact of burnout in open source, how to deal with personal
   burnout, and how to avoid burnout and revitalize and sustain open source
   project growth and engagement.

Right now we only have 5 remote attendees registered and we are really
hoping to increase that number to help cover the additional A/V costs and
make this an option for future conferences! *Remote attendees can register
to connect via Zoom for the live Keynotes and sessions being held in the
Wachusett B room on Thursday and Friday*.  Remote access registration is
$50 for the two days and available *now through April 12th*.  We will send
out Zoom links to all registered remote attendees one week prior to the
event. *Register Here*
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2023-evergreen-international-conference-registration-465399190507>

Also, we are extending the in-person registration deadline until next week
in the hope of getting a few more in-person registrations.  If you are
still on the fence, in-person attendee registration *will close* at
midnight on Thursday, March 30th. *Register Here*
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2023-evergreen-international-conference-registration-465399190507>

Attendees - watch your inboxes, in the beginning of April we will send out
conference details, dine-around sign up sheet link, lightning talk sign up
sheet link, details for presenters, etc.

On behalf of the Conference Planning Committee, we can't wait to see you
soon!

Jeanette

--

Jeanette Lundgren | CW MARS