[Evergreen-governance-l] Google Summer of Code Fund

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Tue May 17 11:40:18 EDT 2011

Hi,

On May 17, 2011, at 11:31 AM, Lori Bowen Ayre wrote:
> I'm a bit confused but maybe you can all work it out when you get on the phone.  I didn't think it was "like" the Google Summer of Code, I thought it WAS the Google Summer of Code.  But maybe I misunderstood Anoop...who has been my source of this info.

Google's Summer of Code is funded solely by Google.  When we applied to GSoC, the project got funded for two slots (i.e., two internships funded by Google).  What Anoop has been proposing was the project (or the ILMS grant team, specifically) gathering funds together to *also* extend an offer to one of our "third-place" students for a separate internship to develop an Android app.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton