[evergreen-outreach] Update on annual survey

Chris Maas chrism at roadrunner.com
Fri Dec 15 18:50:41 EST 2017

Kathy.   I've used Google forms in the past, with good success (as long as
you don't mind Google owning your stuff ......)

I presume you'd send this out to each of the known consortia as an email
link?

Before doing this, would edits be considered?

Chris Maas

207-924-4553

Chris Maas
(207) 924-4553

On Fri, Dec 15, 2017 at 4:25 PM, Kathy Lussier <klussier at masslnc.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> As I mentioned on our last Outreach Committee call, I wanted to look at
> various WordPress plugins to possibly handle the community survey this
> year. My goal was to have a platform where participants could enter data
> for this year and then have a way to easily edit their data in subsequent
> years so that they don't need to re-enter the same information from year to
> year. Another secondary goal was that, if we entered this data on the
> Evergreen web site, we might possibly be able to utilize in a directory of
> Evergreen libraries that might be a little more up to date than what's
> available on the wiki.
>
> Rogan had previously looked for a plugin, and I have to concur with his
> opinion that there isn't anything that fits the bill.
>
> I originally looked at directory plug-ins, but most don't allow
> customization of the fields without an additional, annual licensing cost.
> The most promising one I found was called Business Directory Plugins, and I
> think it might be worth investigating if we ever do host a library
> directory on the Evergreen site, but it seemed to be a little more than
> what we needed for the purposes of the annual survey.
>
> I also looked at form plugins, which allow customizations, but they really
> didn't provide a way for users to update their information at annual survey
> time.
>
> However, I think I may have found a good solution by using Google forms. I
> created a form that allows users to go back and edit their entries at a
> later time. The link to edit the entry is included in a confirmation
> e-mail, which most people will probably delete by the time we send out the
> survey again next year. However, I found a script that will generate those
> edit links and add them to the spreadsheet where the Google form results
> are stored. When we send the survey out next year, then, we can send this
> link directly to the person who filled out the form the previous year and
> ask them to update their information. If there are new questions on the
> form, they can also answer those. If nothing has changed, they just need to
> click in a checkbox and submit the form as is. What do you think?
>
> The draft survey is available at https://goo.gl/forms/q4s12wQJ3eLnQNfe2.
> It's about the same as it was last year, with the addition of an e-mail
> field and a question on number of registered users, as we discussed on the
> call. I added the e-mail field to facilitate the process described in my
> last paragraph.
>
> Feel free to let me know if you have any feedback on the survey itself or
> on how I would like to use Google forms.
>
> Thank you and happy holidays!
>
> Kathy
>
> --
> Kathy Lussier
> Project Coordinator
> Massachusetts Library Network Cooperative
> (508) 343-0128
> klussier at masslnc.org
> [...]

http://www.charlottewhitecenter.org/ <http://www.cwcmaine.com>

Like us on Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/CharlotteWhiteCenter/>
*Confidentiality Notice:*  This e-mail message, including any attachments
is for the sole use of the intended recipients and may contain contact and
privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use disclosure, or
original message.  If this e-mail includes personal health information
pertaining to a consumer of the Charlotte White Center, it is intended for
the sole use of the intended recipient(s), and it is not to be shared or
re-disclosed to any other party/agency without obtaining the individual's
consent to authorize further release of this information.