[evergreen-outreach] Evergreen session at ALA MidWinter

Gagnon, Ron gagnon at noblenet.org
Wed Nov 15 10:15:51 EST 2017

Kathy,
One thought...

I think one of the FUD (fear/uncertainty/distrust) misunderstandings that
can keep people from Evergreen and open source is that you have to have a
staff of gurus on hand to consider open source and Evergreen.  It could be
an opportunity to highlight different options -- do-it-yourself, join a
consortium, band with other users like MassLNC, or sublet it all to a
vendor for support or hosting.  Also an opportunity to highlight the
security of having options, not just being at the mercy of a vendor.

Ron

On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 9:46 AM, Kathy Lussier <klussier at masslnc.org> wrote:

> Also, the submissions site has already opened up for ALA Annual in New
> Orleans. We should probably start thinking about a topic to focus on for
> that meeting. As a reminder, we have done the following topics for our
> recent ALA meetups:
>
>    - ALA Annual 2017 - It's a Popularity Contest -- Innovation in the
>    Evergreen Catalog - focused on activity metric and group formats & editions
>    searching
>    - ALA MidWinter 2018 - Evergreen at the desk, on the road, and
>    everywhere in between - the focus will be the web client and how it is
>    helping libraries serve their users in the modern age.
>
> Kathy
>
> On 11/15/2017 09:14 AM, Kathy Lussier wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>

> I just received word back on the Evergreen meetup at ALA MidWinter. It's
> scheduled for 1 to 2 p.m. Saturday, February 10 at the Colorado Convention
> Center,  Mile High 1E.
>
> Kathy
>

> --
> Kathy Lussier
> Project Coordinator
> Massachusetts Library Network Cooperative(508) 343-0128klussier at masslnc.org
> Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/kmlussier

Ronald A. Gagnon
Executive Director
North Of Boston Library Exchange (NOBLE)
Danvers, Massachusetts  01923
978-777-8844
www.noblenet.org