[evergreen-outreach] annual report printing

Gagnon, Ron gagnon at noblenet.org
Fri Jan 5 12:21:24 EST 2018

I agree that increasing the printed size of the annual report by a quarter
of an inch for an added cost of $250 (am I reading that right?) is
definitely not worth it, won't hardly make any difference.  I would
advocate for any text size increases possible within the constraints of the
current configuration, even 10% bigger rather than the 25% that seems
problematic.

I looked over the Google doc, nothing to add at this point.  I'm willing to
help with proofreading when the time comes.

Thanks,
Ron

On Wed, Jan 3, 2018 at 1:01 PM, Ruth Frasur <director at hagerstownlibrary.org>
wrote:

> Just my two cents into this...
>
> First of all, thank you...continually...to Rogan and Kathy for your
> extensive work on the annual report.  I like the idea of moving away from
> expensive, proprietary tools to open source ones when possible.  That's
> "when possible" is a big statement.  I think, if Rogan feels confident
> (reasonably) with the proposed worse case timeline, it'd be a worthy thing
> for Kathy to look at migrating to Scribus.
>
> On Wed, Jan 3, 2018 at 12:54 PM, Rogan Hamby <rogan.hamby at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Yeah, that's not too bad of an indicator.  Different dev communities have
>> different expectations of the dev version.  How did the bitmaps import /
>> link?  Did you do any tests of PDF export yet?
>>
>> On Wed, Jan 3, 2018 at 12:51 PM, Kathy Lussier <klussier at masslnc.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Yeah, well, that's why I mentioned 'pitfalls' in the 2nd option because
>>> I'm more concerned about them happening with a development version than the
>>> stable branch. Here is how their development community describes the
>>> release:
>>>
>>> As of version 1.5.1, we consider the development branch reasonably
>>> stable, so it can be used for serious work by users who accept that not all
>>>  *new*features are already working perfectly. Features already
>>> available in the officially stable version will work *much* better in
>>> 1.5.1+, though.
>>>
>>> I'm guessing idml support is one of the new features, but if importing
>>> IDML files is one of the potential issues, I assume it would pop up as a
>>> problem early on.
>>>
>>> Kathy
>>>
>>> On 01/03/2018 12:44 PM, Rogan Hamby wrote:
>>>
>>> I have some concerns about using a development version.  Do you have a
>>> sense of how stable it's considered to be?

>>> --
>>> Kathy Lussier
>>> Project Coordinator
>>> Massachusetts Library Network Cooperative(508) 343-0128klussier at masslnc.org
>>> Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/kmlussier

> Ruth Frasur
> Director of the Historic(ally Awesome) Hagerstown - Jefferson Township
> Library
> 10 W. College Street in Hagerstown, Indiana (47346)
> p (765) 489-5632; f (765) 489-5808
>
> *Our Kickin' Website <http://hagerstownlibrary.org>,  Our Rockin' Facebook
> Page <http://facebook.com/hjtplibrary>,  and The Nettle Creek Players
> <http://nettlecreekplayers.com>*

Ronald A. Gagnon
Executive Director
North Of Boston Library Exchange (NOBLE)
Danvers, Massachusetts  01923
978-777-8844
www.noblenet.org