[evergreen-outreach] Outreach Committee meeting tomorrow

Amy Terlaga terlaga at biblio.org
Wed Jun 6 14:53:20 EDT 2018

Hi all--

Here are the notes from today's meeting.  Please let me know if I need to
correct anything.   Thanks, Amy

*Evergreen Outreach MeetingWednesday, June 6, 2018Present:   Kathy Lussier,
Rogan Hamby, Amy Terlaga, Meme MarlowAbsent:  Ron Gagnon, Andrea Neiman,
Chris MaasNOTES - Annual report recap - any changes for next year?
  Software issues to work out - Scribus was used this year so that more
people could help out, but it’s not a very collaborative piece of
software.  Rogan - when you load a file, there are certain things from your
local PC (settings) that it absorbs so that another person working on it
has difficulties with these local settings.  Kathy - we’ll try to address
these things sometime this year. Printing - font size was bigger and more
readable, not as much content but that’s okay. More PR than anything else.-
Evergreen logo - the new logo looked good.  Invoice to be sent to Amy so
that she can get it to the SFC along with an explanation and reference to
Board minutes.- Merchandise booth- Collected $444 at the booth- Earned $650
through conference t-shirt pre-orders- Bottle openers sold well. Other
merchandise sold in smaller amounts.- T-shirt sales not as high.  Rogan can
dig up the sold quantities.  Rogan hopes to have leftover merchandise
shipped to MOBIUS.  Equinox is absorbing the cost. Rogan’s only concern -
shipping the notebooks which are heavy.  132 left. May need some
reimbursement from the Project on the shipping of these.- For next year -
may be good on T-shirts.  Just do a conference T-shirt. Move inventory we
have on the T-shirts.  60 bottle openers left.- EOB suggestion to
re-introduce pins as a conference perk - 100 universal minimum order,
bundle into conference registration?  Amy to talk to conference committee.
Maybe a sponsorship for the pins? Amy will also ask about a small
sponsorship to add one item to the merchandise table.- ALA Annual program -
June 23 in New Orleans
https://evergreen-ils.org/evergreen-at-ala-annual-open-source-software-is-not-just-for-tech-gurus/
<https://evergreen-ils.org/evergreen-at-ala-annual-open-source-software-is-not-just-for-tech-gurus/>-
Outreach Budget Request for EOB
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oScw-NHXwFnNx5O8rLxtt9UTnn2BmsIYPjuLPe0Blds/edit?usp=sharing>-
Projector needed for ALA conferences- Pens - Rogan will have Galen take
them to ALA- Bumper stickers as a give-away- Shipping - we didn’t spend any
this year because Equinox absorbed it, but we need to build it in for this
upcoming year- Printing - lower than this year- The committee approved the
proposed budget- Outreach Committee charge to support and encourage
community participation - Andrea Neiman will be joining us.  She may come
up with one project to encourage community participation. This will be
discussed during our next call.Next meeting - Wednesday, August 1, 2pm EST.*

On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 7:13 PM, Kathy Lussier <klussier at masslnc.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
> We have an Evergreen Outreach Committee meeting scheduled for tomorrow at
> 2 p.m. Eastern, 11 a.m. Pacific.
>
> I have a draft agenda posted at https://wiki.evergreen-ils.
> org/doku.php?id=outreach:meetings:2018-06-06.
>
> Anyone in the Evergreen community is invited to join us for the meeting
> and help us out with Outreach activities.
>
> Call-in information is below:
>
> Hi there,
>
> Kathy Lussier is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
>
> Topic: Evergreen Outreach Committee
> Time: Jun 6, 2018 2:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
>     Every month on the First Wed, 3 occurrence(s)
>     Jun 6, 2018 2:00 PM
>     Jul 4, 2018 2:00 PM
>     Aug 1, 2018 2:00 PM
>     Please download and import the following iCalendar (.ics) files to
> your calendar system.
>     Monthly: https://zoom.us/meeting/530188351/ics?icsToken=
> 872865d595453d00196910ab0f5ed91fe8bf890611eee086b2c31e7d6cf4f2a0
>
> Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/530188351
>
> Or iPhone one-tap :
>     US: +16699006833,,530188351#  or +16465588656,,530188351#
> Or Telephone:
>     Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current
> location):
>         US: +1 669 900 6833  or +1 646 558 8656
>     Meeting ID: 530 188 351
>     International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/dEw0KmNTf
>
> --
> Kathy Lussier
> Project Coordinator
> Massachusetts Library Network Cooperative
> (508) 343-0128klussier at masslnc.org

Amy Terlaga
Director of Member Services
Bibliomation, Inc.