[evergreen-outreach] Social Media Sharing Information

rogan.hamby at gmail.com rogan.hamby at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 08:04:43 EST 2018

This should presumably be on the web team list too but it's been inactive
for so long I can't find it in my email. But we've transitioned the sharing
of posts from the Evergreen website from Kathy's account to mine.  There
seemed to be some confusion about how this is done so for the sake of
future knowledge it's pretty simple:

1) Make sure you have an account on Wordpress.com
2) Go to the Jetpack settings in our website and disconnect the current
connection
3) Reconnect Jetpack to the new account on Wordpress.com

Then the sharing is system specific.  For Facebook:

1) Be signed into a Facebook account that is a manager of the Facebook
Evergreen page.
2) Go to Wordpress.com and under your sites select the Evergreen site
3) Select sharing on the left hand side
4) Click the share to Facebook option and select the managed account you
want to use (Evergreen)

Sharing to G+.  This may be a moot point as it's going away into the not
too far future but it's essentially the same as for Facebook but once you
select your Google Account it will also ask which managed brand you want to
use.

Twitter.  This is the only one a bit up in the air.  I don't think we have
Twitter connected right now anyway but who is the actual owner / keeper of
credentials.  I have access to posting to the account through TweetDeck but
not the credentials and it appears to actually have to be logged in to
setup the sharing.