[evergreen-outreach] ALA Annual A/V needs

Andrea Buntz Neiman abneiman at equinoxinitiative.org
Fri May 31 15:58:01 EDT 2019

Hi all,

Kathy made a general budget request for the Outreach Committee detailed in
this spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oScw-NHXwFnNx5O8rLxtt9UTnn2BmsIYPjuLPe0Blds/edit?usp=sharing

It was approved in the September 2018 EOB Meeting:
http://evergreen-ils.org/meetings/evergreen/2018/evergreen.2018-09-20-14.02.html

$845 was approved for the ALA Conference, and it appears Kathy did her
homework -- shocking, I know :)

It looks like we're require to get a PA package with any mic, so, here's my
proposal for a total of $845 precisely:

$475  Screen, Projector, & Projector Stand (up to 75 people)
$300  PA Sound System (includes 2 Speakers w/ stands and console)
$70   Wired Handheld Microphone with table stand (2 @ $35 each)

We could swap one of the Wired Handhelds for a podium mic for $30.

Thoughts?

ABN

On Fri, May 31, 2019 at 3:28 PM Deborah Luchenbill <
deborah at mobiusconsortium.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We are making final preparations for our ALA program, which is going
> well.  When we got the room confirmations from ALA, the email included the
> order form for A/V.  I double-checked with our ALA contact that we actually
> have to fill out an A/V form for one session and she said yes, we do.
>
> Kathy had told Amy and me that she'd requested some money from the EOB
> this year to cover A/V, after that year we got in trouble for bringing our
> own, but she hadn't said how much.  Anyone know?
>
> I'm attaching the form here, in case anyone wants to look at it.  It's due
> on June 6 and I think we're meeting again on the 5th (?) but that seemed a
> little too close to the wire to me, so I thought I'd bring it up
> here.  Projector, screen, and at least one handheld/table microphone seem
> like the basics.  We have a moderator and three panelists (aiming for four)
> and plan on a relatively informal conversation style, rather than formal
> presentations.  Does that sound good?  Any other thoughts about what we
> should order?
>
> Thanks,
> Debbie
>
> Debbie Luchenbill
> Evergreen Coordinator
> MOBIUS
> 111 E. Broadway, Ste. 220
> Columbia, MO  65203
> debbie at mobiusconsortium.org <deborah at mobiusconsortium.org>
> 573-234-4914
> https://mobiusconsortium.org <http://mobiusconsortium.org>
> Missouri Evergreen Help Desk: help at mobiusconsortium.org / 877-312-3517
> http://libraries.missourievergreen.org
> Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Andrea Buntz Neiman
Project Manager for Software Development
Equinox Open Library Initiative
abneiman at equinoxinitiative.org
1-877-OPEN-ILS (673-6457) x5583
*www.equinoxinitiative.org <http://www.equinoxinitiative.org>*