[evergreen-outreach] scheduling the virtual conference

Andrea Buntz Neiman abneiman at equinoxinitiative.org
Mon Apr 13 16:32:29 EDT 2020

Hi all,

I have updated the spreadsheet with two tabs - one containing our yeses and
maybes from the original presentation set, and one with everyone's email.
We have 22 yeses, including the keynote (yay!) and 4 Rountables / Interest
Groups. There are 6 maybes, including another Roundtable.

I included the audience and track as submitted by presenters, as well as my
highly subjective "Category" and a possible Track 1 / Track 2 assignment,
which roughly corresponds to the technical level of the presentation. If we
wanted to run sessions concurrently (which I think is a decent idea), I
think we could run Track 1 and Track 2 against each other with minimal
conflict. I've left the keynote as its own thing.

If we do three days, this is 7 slots per day (9 if all of our maybes are
yeses). Doing two roughly-even tracks means we can do about 3-4 hours per
day - I'm thinking afternoon would be best to accommodate our West Coast
people.

Equinox might be willing to sponsor captioning of presentations in lieu of
its regular sponsorship, and Angela Kilsdonk is looking into pricing
options for that. We have had a really positive response from institutions
with Zoom, Hangouts, and GoToMeeting subscriptions, with GPLS, NC Cardinal,
Indiana State Library, MOBIUS, and Equinox all offering virtual meeting
space.

Next steps:
1) Survey presenters for times. I'm thinking Tues / Weds / Thurs in the
following weeks - 5/18, 5/25, 6/1, 6/8. Are there other thoughts/comments
here?
2) Ascertain which orgs' software we will be using and how registration
works for each of them; identify presentation wranglers where needed
3) Look into donation options

I can put together the survey, pending the date; can anyone else help with
the other two? Do we want to have a meeting later this week to discuss any
of this?

Thanks,
ABN

abneiman at equinoxinitiative.org