[Evergreen-web-team] Some content thoughts about the Evergreen site

Bob Molyneux bob at esilibrary.com
Thu Jun 2 14:20:52 EDT 2011

Lori,

I do think that right now, I have a number of ideas about content and I
think most of the ideas are Evergreen Website kinds of things--as my
note probably indicates. We have a problem at Equinox though and that is
that we have to be purer than Caesar's wife about what is Equinox and
what is Evergreen. At one time a good bit of overlap but increasingly as
the community gets stronger, there is less. Given that there have been
unpleasant occasions when the motives of some of us have been
questioned, I have been punctilious about separating what I put in the
Equinox blog and the Evergreen blog. I err on the side of caution. And
nothing on the Website...well, but for the glossary and a few other
things that Karen used.

Truthfully, though, almost all of the blog posts are general community
information and much should, logically, go on the community
Website--with suitable reworking, of course. I think the Web Team
creates a mechanism where I could contribute freely and I would be
delighted. When I was at the FDIC, I started the ftp and gopher sites
and filled them with content. Then along came the Web and I became the
Webmaster and I certainly did the technology but my interest was the
content. I can do that and would enjoy it.

Bob