[Evergreen-web-team] What should the EG Website Team do next?

Rayner, June raynerj at einetwork.net
Thu Sep 8 13:20:02 EDT 2011

Hi Jim

Thanks for the reminder.     Here's what I would suggest.    Do any of these make sense?

Here's my suggestions on next steps, and why I'm suggesting them

1.  Technical / Platform changes.   Based on the recommendations that we have put forth, what technical or platform changes do we need to make to implement those recommendations?    What resources are required to do this?     If the resources required are more than what the current web team can provide, who could potentially provide those resources and how can we approach them?    For example, if we were going to implement an idea percolator, is there an existing tool that does this (like IdeaTorrent that Sitka was using)?    Where can it run?   What's needed to install it?   What costs are involved?

2.  Ongoing maintenance.   The current EG web site SWAT team has pioneered the process of doing relatively small changes.    Maybe to split the work up, we can ask individuals if they can "adopt a page" for ongoing maintenance, with the overall plan and guidelines in mind.

3.  New Content.    If we've identified new content that we want to add to the site, and assuming there are no technical barriers from #1, have a "content wanted" page and ask people if they have existing content that could be adapted or if they would work on creating the new content.

4.  Major site overhauls.    If someone has a large block of time to work on a major overhaul, that's great.   But probably not realistic.     This might be tackled in an Evergreen website hackfest, possibly as part of the Evergreen conference.

Best regards,

June