[Evergreen-web-team] web site

Rogan Hamby rogan.hamby at yclibrary.net
Thu Sep 19 00:11:09 EDT 2013

It's always interesting when you have a sense that you know something but
you fail to articulate it, even to yourself, until someone else pretty much
lays it out for you.  That's how I felt in a short exchange with Galen when
I realized that we hadn't discussed our users and defining who they are as
audiences and what they are coming to the web site for.

Specifically, in this case we were talking about people coming to the site
for help.  And I think it's a good design idea to keep users in mind as we
make some decisions about the web site so that we're making user centric
decisions.  So, in the bottom half of the same document that I started to
make web tasks on I will start a listing of users and the tasks they would
come to the web site for and invite others to edit that part as well.

--

Rogan Hamby, MLS, CCNP, MIA
Managers Headquarters Library and Reference Services,

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit
me."
-- C.S. Lewis <http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1069006.C_S_Lewis>