SPAM: Re: [OPEN-ILS-DEV] Congrats on releasing the beta

Bill Erickson billserickson at gmail.com
Tue May 30 10:59:47 EDT 2006

On 5/30/06, Josh Stompro <stomproj at larl.org> wrote:

> I just saw that there was an announcement about the beta release last
> week, congratulations.  Sorry about all my questions right when you were
> trying to get that out the door.

Thanks for the congrats!  Questions that don't kill us make us stronger. ;)

I am trying out the client right now, I placed around 20 holds and
> something I have noticed is that when a hold cannot be targeted the
> timeout and freeze up is not very user friendly.  I tried to request "A
> ghost is born" with search limited to Athens-Clarke County Library,
> there are no available copies but the software let me attempt to place a
> hold.  When I click place hold the client freezes for 60 seconds before
> informing the user that the hold cannot be filled.  I think 60 seconds
> is the timeout of one of the subsystems so maybe that is functionality
> that just hasn't been implemented yet.

Funny you should mention that.  I saw a server process working too hard this
morning and we tracked it down (with your help) to a logic error WRT to
placing holds on a title with no copies.  I'll copy the fix over today.
Thanks for the details.

I think that maybe the job that generates the pull list is not running,
> I have waited for over 15 minutes an there are no items to pull.

I'll look at that.

I am seeing a few different javascript errors.

> Error: _l is not defined
> Source File:
> chrome://open_ils_staff_client/content/OpenILS/util/org_utils.js
> Line: 70
>
> Error: not well-formed
> Source File:
>
> file:///C:/Program%20Files/Evergreen%20Staff%20Client/chrome/content/util/network.js
> Line: 1, Column: 5
> Source Code:
> dump('entering util/network.js\n');

Jason informs me these are harmless.