SPAM: Re: [OPEN-ILS-DEV] Debian version/GCC version

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Sun Feb 18 22:29:27 EST 2007

Hi Grace:

<snip>

> On Debian Etch, in stage: "Building and Installing the Source", after make
> config step, I tried to make and got the error and I do not know how the
> Bill's server pass it (make config). The error message has something like:
>
> /usr/include/apr-1.0/apr.h:270: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or
> '__attribute__' before 'apr_off_t'

<snip>

The problem you described here is almost certainly a mismatch of an
Apache Portable Runtime (apr) for 2.0.x with Apache 2.2 source. You'll
need to ensure that your apache, apache-devel, & libapr1 packages are
all at the same level for the compile to work.

In the case of Debian, I think you're looking for libapr1 with a
version level of 1.2.7
(http://packages.debian.org/testing/libs/libapr1).

Dan Scott
Laurentian University