SPAM: Re: [OPEN-ILS-DEV] Debian version/GCC version

Bill Erickson billserickson at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 08:41:16 EST 2007

On 2/18/07, Grace Liu <gyliu86 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Dan,
>
> Thanks. But I did install the correct apr. The libapr1-dev in the system
> is
> 1.2.7-8.2: actually, the aptitude installation automatically chooses it as
> dependency.
>
> This error is about the defination of __USE_LARGEFILE64. It is in the
> sys/types.h
>
> The thing is the openils source code / make file does not contain this
> definination, and cause this error. My solution is, change off64_t to
> __off64_t to work around it. As the Bill's server already built on Debian
> Etch, I want to know if he had this error and how he solved this problem.

I've never personally had this happen.  Taking a look at  line 270 in
/usr/include/apr-1.0/apr.h on one of my test machines shows:

typedef  off_t           apr_off_t;

What I have installed on this AMD 64 test machine:

% dpkg --list | grep apr

ii  libapr1                            1.2.7-8.2               The Apache
Portable Runtime Library
ii  libapr1-dev                        1.2.7-8.2             The Apache
Portable Runtime Library - Develo
ii  libaprutil1                        1.2.7+dfsg-2          The Apache
Portable Runtime Utility Library
ii  libaprutil1-dev                    1.2.7+dfsg-2        The Apache
Portable Runtime Utility Library

Your solution to edit apr.h seems to be the right one.  Of course, I'd
rather know why the files are different...

--
Bill Erickson
PINES Systems Developer
billserickson at gmail.com