[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Happy days are here again!

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 10:21:07 EST 2007

Hot off the presses, I bring you news of another dependency eased!
Markus Hoenicka has wrapped up the CVS of libdbi and libdbi-drivers
and created for all the world an 0.8.2 release of each, codenamed
"Sunday Night Buttermilk Waltz" for libdbi and "Payday in a Pub" for
libdbi-drivers.

Here are the sourceforge download sites and announcements for each:

  libdbi...
  http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=31691615&forum_id=1099

  libdbi-drivers
  http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=31691616&forum_id=1099

These new versions are basically what we've been using from CVS all
along, but there are a few fixes to make building and installing much
simpler -- specifically, no patching the libdbi-drivers makefile and
--disable-docs works as expected.  If you are currently working on
installing Evergreen please consider removing your current libdbi and
libdbi-drivers installs and giving these a try.  Any and all testing
would be a big help in rooting out any lingering bugs.

mrylander at gmail.com
GPLS -- PINES Development
Database Developer
http://open-ils.org