[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Evergreen maintenance

Harry Bochner Harry.Bochner at biogenidec.com
Wed Mar 28 17:13:20 EDT 2007

> I am curious, if you have a current OPAC, do you currently pay for a
> support contract for it?

We currently have InMagic Genie. Probably there is a support contract, but
I don't
know about that (outside my concerns as a consultant ...) What I do know
is that
the staff are dissatisfied both with the OPAC, and, more crucially, with
the
work-flow for cataloging.

Speaking of Genie, if all goes well with Evergreen, I'll be looking for
advice on
transferring catalog information. I've looked at the data from Genie
enough
to anticipate a big headache. It could be a big  help if some one else has
dealt with this before ...

--
Harry