[OPEN-ILS-DEV] autogen.sh IDL problem

Harry Bochner Harry.Bochner at biogenidec.com
Thu Mar 29 17:10:38 EDT 2007

> The XPath equivalent to that call is /opensrf/default/IDL, so you
> should see an IDL element like this:

That was useful; it inspired me to write a bit of XSLT to pick out that
element, which led to the discovery that I had failed to close a comment
in openils.xml, with the result that it was unparsable :-(

But I've got that fixed now, and autogen.sh still fails in the same way.

For most of the day I've been struggling with the chopchop configuration.
Trying to run srfsh puts this in osrfsys.log:

chopchop 2007-03-29 17:02:52 [WARN:25497:osrf_chat.c:554:] Client
attempting to
connect to invalid domain 127.0.0.1. Our domain is localhost
chopchop 2007-03-29 17:02:52 [ERR :25497:osrf_chat.c:219:] Node at socket
35 wit
h remote address (null) and destination (null), received bad XML
[<stream:stream
 to='127.0.0.1' xmlns='jabber:client'
xmlns:stream='http://etherx.jabber.org/str
eams'>], disconnecting...

After a day of juggling variations on how to configure this, I've only
succeeded making the
symptoms worse, not better.

The only relevant occurrence of 127.0.0.1 seems to be the listen_address
in opensrf_core.xml.
Changing that to localhost seems to break chopchop entirely. I've tried
changing all the occurrences
of localhost to 127.0.0.1, I've tried changing them to the fqdn, to the
actual IP number ...

Basically, it's awfully hard to trouble shoot this without understanding
how the pieces fit
together ...

Help!

--