[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Re:RE: Ejabberd and Ubuntu

Dan Wells dbw2 at calvin.edu
Sat Oct 20 14:00:24 EDT 2007

Pierre,

This is great news, congrats.  Seems there was something in that old config file that your machine didn't like after all.  Even though you have it working, I will probably still poke at your old config file on Monday and see if I can figure out what the problem was.  What can I say, I am just obsessive like that :)

Take care,
Dan

>>> "Pierre Nault" <pierrenault at gmail.com> 10/20/07 1:21 PM >>>
I Dan,

   Following the instructions of Dan Scott, I uninstall ejabberd and erlang,
restart ejabberd and nothing new. The hold config file was still there so I
uninstall (with GUI package manager and purge flag I guess: the config file
was replace), reinstall ejabberd then restart and EUREKA ! it was working:
ejabberd was listening  and I could register the accounts (evergreen and
router). Everything is OK with ejabberd and Open SRF now. I regain my home
for the weekend on my bike with a big smile !

For the reinstalation of the package erlang (I remembered there was two
dependencies), as I don't have access from my home to the machine, I will
come back to you on that monday. I'm thrilled to see finally Evergreen works
from an administrator point of vue...

Again, I would like to thank you for your help in the process (this goes to
Dan Scott to)

Pierre Nault