[OPEN-ILS-DEV] method "opac_visible"

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 16:44:02 EDT 2007

On 31/10/2007, Pierre Nault <pierrenault at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>       Re-installing Evergreen on another Ubuntu 7.10 machine with OpenSRF
> 0.9. Didn't have any problems with ejabberd server (like the other one).
> I'm at the end of the installation process (new step 26), where I build up
> the javascript files for the OPAC. When I do this command :
> sudo -u opensrf ./autogen.sh /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml
>
> I get that response :
> Updating fieldmapper
> Updating web_fieldmapper
> Updating OrgTree
> removing OrgTree from the cache...
> Updating OrgTree HTML (4 minutes of waiting)
> Can't call method "opac_visible" on an undefined value at
> org_tree_html_options.pl line 28.
> Done
>
> The OrgTree.js generated from the command is almost empty:
> var _l = [];
> globalOrgTypes = [];
>
> And the OPAC is not working at all...
>
> Does anyone have any ideas ?
>
> Thanks !
>
> Pierre Nault

Hi Pierre:

Please try the following troubleshooting document to start with:
http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=troubleshooting:problems_compiling_evergreen

Let us know if that helps resolve your problem. If not, it would be
interesting if you could try out the new "settings tester" script at
http://svn.open-ils.org/trac/ILS/browser/trunk/Open-ILS/src/support-scripts/settings-tester.plto
see if that will help us identify the problem.

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University