[OPEN-ILS-DEV] merging branches and holdings woes

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 16:47:06 EST 2008

On Feb 1, 2008 4:32 PM, Bill Ott <bott at grpl.org> wrote:

> Is there an easy way for me to merge the acq-experiment and evergreen
> trunk branches to get the best of both worlds?

There is a big merge planned for right after version 1.4.0 is
released, so we haven't put too much effort into making mixed branches
play well ... in fact, we never have, instead deferring to the merge
point for that sort of fixup.

> For example, I love the new Z39.50 search screen, and also the
> config.z3950_x  tables instead of entries in the opensrf.xml file, but
> when using these from the acq branch, I lose some functionality such as
> the Local System Administration.

That seems like a strange thing to lose, but I wouldn't doubt anything.

There's a chance that the Z-stuff in particular might make it into 1.4
(Dan has mentioned it as well), but probably not 1.4.0, unless we had
a volunteer to work on the dojo admin interface work for that ...
*winkwink*  Given that, it would have a much better chance.  We'll
have to blame the incorrectly shaped tuits for now.

> Odd problem under either.  Within Holding Maintenance, I can add
> volumes, and those appear in the Consortial total, but the individual
> branch where volumes were added remain at zero.  When searching the
> OPAC, the item details appear as expected.

Jason?  This smells like your recent issue ... maybe this is already
fixed in trunk?