[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Staff client self-check/express-check mode

Josh Stompro stomproj at larl.org
Wed Jul 16 11:15:55 EDT 2008

We currently don't use security, in fact we did away with security at
our largest location so that we could go with the poor mans self check
product that we currently have.  I was just assuming that dealing with
security systems wouldn't be a feature, or not a 1.0 version feature.

We were using the tattle tape system, and finally decided to dump it.
Ergonomically and efficiency wise it was a nightmare anyway.  Down the
line I'm hoping we can get security back for free when/if we convert to
RFID.

I'm curious if implementing this as a web-based service would make it
harder to interface with RFID readers, desensitizers, etc.

I started a scratchpad page for simple self check.
http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=scratchpad:simple_self_check

And I added an entry to the end of the development proposals page
pointing to it.  Those that have wiki access edit away, those that don't
post to the list and i'll add your comments/changes.

Josh

--
Lake Agassiz Regional Library - Moorhead MN larl.org
Josh Stompro               | Office 218.233.3757 EXT-139