[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Installing staff clients on non-privileged Windows accounts

Brandon W. Uhlman brandon.uhlman at bclibrary.ca
Thu Jun 12 18:17:21 EDT 2008

Hi, everyone.

We've run into a problem on some of our Windows XP staff clients where
users without Administrator rights don't seem to retain workstation
registrations. I'm pretty sure this is because the file ws_info is not
being written. Are there any magic suggestions that people have other
than using Evergreen on user accounts with Administrator rights? Or,
are Administrator rights in fact, required?

Thanks,

Brandon

Brandon W. Uhlman, Systems Consultant
Public Library Services Branch